Kentucky United States Pageants
Mrs. United States National Pageant, Inc. is a competition for women and girls eight years and older grounded in the vision of its founder, Isabella Ilacqua, providing an enriching journey of multi-faceted personal growth through local, state and national pageants where women, and girls supported by their families, compete on a national level with a safe pageant experience, women-to-women encouragement, and so much more.
Your age as of Janruary 1st, 2019
Are you eligible
- Must be a natural born female and a United States citizen.
- Those competing in Little Miss, Pre Teen, Jr Teen, Teen or Miss, must not be married, never have been married, and never have had a marriage annulled. Must never have given birth to a child, can not be pregnant or be a parent.
- Those competing in Ms. Kentucky United States between the ages of 20-30 cannot be married, but must either be divorced, widowed, or have children. This ages 30-35 must just be unmarried.
- Those competing in Ms. Woman Kentucky United States, cannot be married, but may be divorced, widowed or have children.
- Must have either:
1. Resided in the Kentucky as her permanent and primary residence for a period of at least six consecutive months immediately prior to the State Pageant (although she may have attended school, college or university on a full-time basis elsewhere during all or part of that period),
2. Resided in Kentucky as a full time student at a school, college or university for one entire semester, trimester or summer session immediately prior to the commencement of the State Pageant and is still enrolled as a full time student at her school, college or university and will continue to reside in the State (although she may have spent or be spending the summer in another State). “Permanent and primary residence” means your titleholder’s true, fixed and permanent domicile which she intends to make her permanent home.
3. Those that are of legal working age may work in the State they are competing (to reside in another State and use the Work stipulation, the entrant must be able to show that they are employed within the State which they are applying to compete at least part time which is 25 hours or more per week.)
- Has never posed nude in film or print.
- Must agree, that if selected to represent their state in the United States National Pageant, they will participate in that pageant, and will abide by all the rules and regulations governing that pageant.
- Neither you nor any member of your immediate family (i.e. mother, father, sister or brother) or anyone living in your household is currently, or has within the last two (2) years been, employed by or an officer, director or agent of any of the following: (i) you, any company or enterprise you own or control, or a company or enterprise under common ownership or control with you; or (ii) us, If any of these conditions change before or during competition at the 2018 Mrs. United States National Pageant, you must inform us immediately when you find out about the change, so that we can determine your titleholder's eligibility.
Phases of Competition
All contestants compete in a round-robin style private interview for 3 minutes per judge. Political questions are not permitted. Scoring is based on the contestants grace, charm, self-confidence, and her ability to communicate, as well as the quality of her answers. Private interview accounts for 25% of the overall score.
All contestants will choose an interview outfit of their choice. Please choose an outfit that you find appropriate for an interview setting, and that reflects your personal style
Little Miss, Pre-Teen and Jr. Teen delegates compete on-stage in sportswear outfits to show off their personality, while Teen and up compete in swimsuit to display their physical fitness and on-stage confidence. This portion of the competition accounts for 25% of the overall score.
Sportswear outfits are provided, you may pair with white tennis shoes. For swimsuit a two-piece bikini – or one piece swimsuit of your choice.
All delegates compete on-stage in the evening gown of their choice to show their poise, confidence and personal style. Evening gown accounts for 25% of the overall score.
All contestants must have a full-length evening gown of their choice.
On Stage Question
The top 5 finalists in each division compete in on-stage question. Each delegate in the Little Miss, Pre-Teen, Jr. Teen, Teen, Ms., Ms. Woman, and Mrs. division is given 30 seconds to answer a pre-determined question, while Miss delegates are given a 1-minute press conference style questioning from the judges. Political questions are not permitted, this counts for the final 25% of the contestants score.
Hello and thank you for your interest in Kentucky United States Pageants! My name is Katy. I am a part-time makeup artist, part-time director of the Miss Kentucky United States Pageant, making me a full-time people person! My passion for making women feel beautiful came from my background in pageantry, and I love sharing that with the women of Kentucky. In 2014, after much dedication and hard work, I won the coveted title of Miss Kentucky United States. I proudly represented the Bluegrass state all year through community service and public appearances. At the Miss United States Pageant, I placed third runner-up and captured the Miss Congeniality award.
During that same year, I was beginning my post-college career as an event planner for a private country club. In 2015, I married my wonderful husband Andrew, and by some miracle, was chosen as the director for Kentucky United States Pageants!
We have the absolute best staff, alumni, and support system at Kentucky United States Pageants. We can’t wait to have you join the family!
- Katy Moody Cusick